Bears place star safety Eddie Jackson on COVID-19 list by Mike Luciano
UFC Vegas 15: Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis fight card.
A heavyweight tilt between top-5 contenders Curtis Blaydes and Derrick Lewis headlines UFC Vegas 15 this Saturday night.
Saturday will mark Blaydes’ third fight in 2020, he is 2-0 this year and is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Alexander Volkov back in June. Prior to that, he defeated former UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos via second-round TKO. Blaydes currently sits at No. 2 in the rankings behind Francis Ngannou. Blaydes’ only 2 losses in his career have come at the hands of Ngannou, once in 2016 and again in 2018. Aside from that, Blaydes has won his nine other fights in the promotion, five of which ended via TKO.
Lewis is 3-1 since losing to Daniel Cormier in a championship bout at UFC 230, a fight he competed in just 28 days after his insane KO of Alexander Volkov at UFC 229. Lewis is currently riding a three-fight winning streak that includes decisions over Blagoy Ivanov and Ilir Latifi, followed by a TKO finish of Aleksei Oleinik in August. Lewis holds the UFC record for most knockouts at heavyweight with 11. These two have downplayed each others skills for a few years now, so it will be interesting to see who can better impose their style over their opponent and get the win.
Full UFC Vegas 15: Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis fight card
* Fight cards subject to change
Main Card (10 p.m. ET, ESPN+):
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis
- Josh Parisian vs. Parker Porter
- Gina Mazany vs. Rachel Ostovich
- Miguel Baeza vs. Takashi Sato
- Anthony Smith vs. Devin Clark
Preliminary Card (7 p.m. ET, ESPN+):
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Norma Dumont
- Martin Day vs. Anderson dos Santos
- Amir Albazi vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Su Mudaerji vs. Malcolm Gordon
- Luke Sanders vs. Joseph Maness
- Spike Carlyle vs. Bill Algeo